Here is my new Multi-Child Chore Chart! I'll tell you how I made it, below.
I decided I would do 6 separate sections. 5 for the first 5 kids (since Declan is just a baby) and the 6th for a section to keep track of whether they completed their tasks each day or not. Each day they will either get a green check, showing they did everything or a red X showing they didn't finish everything. At the end of the week, those with green checks every day, will get a small treat or reward. I decided to do the chores pretty detailed, like "Clean Room AM", "Clean Room PM", "Clean Table After Breakfast", "Clean Table After Lunch" etc.
This was really easy to make. It was a little time consuming (about 2 hours) because I am just a tiny bit of a perfectionist (and by tiny bit, I mean I am obsessive).
Here is what I needed:
Large, magnetic dry-erase board.
2 rolls of black 1/8 inch vinyl art tape (The craft store didn't have it, so we bought it at an office supply store.)
Scrapbook letter stickers
A roll of magnet tape
Brightly colored paper (Printer paper, not construction paper. I also bought this at the office supply store.)
Metal rulers we had in the garage
I also bought those day of the week magnets because they were cute...
Here is how I made it:
I took the large magnetic dry-erase board and decided how I wanted to divide it up to make the separate charts.
I used the rulers and measuring tape to figure out where the lines needed to be made to evenly divide the parts of the chart.
Then used the rulers as guides as I applied the vinyl art tape to make the lines. (This took a while because I wanted it JUST right)
When all of the lines were done, I used the scrapbook letters to add all of the names and text to the board.
Finally, the second most tedious part (second to applying all of the lines) was making the magnetic chores. I cut the magnet tape into 2-inch sections and printed the chores out onto the brightly colored paper.
Once the chores were printed out, I cut them out, larger than the magnets, peeled the paper from the magnets to expose the glue and stuck the chores on. Then I trimmed the extra paper tightly around the magnet to finish them.
It's completely ready to go, from there!
This idea is so basic, it can EASILY be adjusted and varied to fit your needs. The best part about this is, EVERYTHING on it is removable, so I can change it later!
Let me know if you make one too!